We will be covering Development and Production build commands.
Full list of Quasar CLI commands: Commands List.
Starts a Node.js local development server.
# run development server (with default theme) $ quasar dev # on specific port $ quasar dev -p 9090 # SSR $ quasar dev -m ssr # PWA $ quasar dev -m pwa # Mobile App $ quasar dev -m cordova -T [android|ios] # Electron App $ quasar dev -m electron
While developing with the Dev Server you will have:
- Babel, so you can write ES6 code
- Webpack + vue-loader for Vue SFC (single file components)
- State preserving hot-reload
- State preserving compilation error overlay
- Lint-on-save with ESLint
- Source maps
- Develop right on a device emulator (or a real phone connected to your machine) if you target a Mobile App
- Develop right on an Electron window with Developer Tools included if you target an Electron App
Build assets for production.
# build for production $ quasar build # SSR $ quasar build -m ssr # PWA $ quasar build -m pwa # Mobile App $ quasar build -m cordova -T [android|ios] # Electron App $ quasar build -m electron
In addition to what you get while developing your website/app, for production builds you also take advantage of:
- HTML minified with html-minifierlaunch
- CSS across all components extracted (and auto-prefixed) into a single file and minified with cssnanolaunch
- All static assets are compiled with version hashes for efficient long-term caching, and a production index.html is auto-generated with proper URLs to these generated assets.